Friday, November 19, 2010

Why my Mom is the Best Mom Ever and What I Did

           Wednesday nights have been my night off of work for several months now, which is significant considering I never used to have a consistent schedule. Many of these Wednesdays I will spend a few hours with my mom, watching TV and talking about life. This is the time when we get to really connect and catch up. Our conversation had casually turned to deer (which is a huge and very common topic in our house right now) and I expressed to my mother the upset feelings I had over not being able to go out this year. Upon this, my mother directed me to bring her their cash and she gave me the fifteen dollars I needed to buy my hunting license. There is no doubt that my mother is the best mother in the world. Because of her, I get to go hunting this year, like all of the years before.
            In a rushed hour, I was ready for the woods. We hunted out on my boyfriend’s family’s property at the very back of a rugged, forested 80-acre parcel. I then continued to sit in a tree stand throughout the remaining two hours before dark. The stand I sat in was nothing more than a metal rack, perched some ten to fifteen feet in the air, with no supports and a steady wind against my back. Safety hazards aside, the view was gorgeous. Nothing but tall, majestic trees surrounded me and all that filled my ears were the occasional musical notes of the arriving winter birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment